Say Goodbye to Stubborn Fat Areas
Plastic Surgeon Discusses Body Contouring Procedures
Losing weight is always hard, and sometimes those last few pounds are nearly impossible to erase. With advanced technology and skilled surgeons, there are specially tailored surgical solutions to help address concerns such as fat deposits, cellulite or hanging skin. Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Bradley Calobrace of the CaloAesthetics Plastic Surgery Center explains the different options individuals have when exploring body contouring procedures.
"Liposuction has been a strong option for years, but there are many additional body contouring procedures that patients can consider to help sculpt, tone and rejuvenate the body," says Dr. Calobrace. "Patients often see immediate results and many of the procedures are non-invasive or minimally-invasive to reduce recovery time."
- LipoLite™: LipoLite is a minimally-invasive liposuction alternative designed to destroy fat cells and coagulate tissue on the body and face for a slimmer and tighter overall look. The procedure inserts a tiny tube, called a cannula, through very small incisions into the skin. The cannula contains a precise, powerful laser beam that liquefies deposits of fat cells within the treatment area; the fat is then removed through the same tiny incision using standard liposuction techniques. LipoLite is ideal for tough to treat areas, including under the chin or upper arms.
- Thigh Lift: There are various lifting procedures to help produce a patient's desired body shape and rejuvenate the lower half of the body. Often, they're performed in conjunction with liposuction. Medical thigh lifts slim and tighten the inner thigh, while lateral thigh lifts improve the appearance of the front of the leg. Thigh lifts can reduce or eliminate the appearance of cellulite and skin rippling in the leg as well.
- CoolSculpting®: CoolSculpting is an advanced solution for eliminating stubborn fat pockets that cling to many people's midsections. It uses advanced fat-cooling technology that is proven to reduce persistent fat in targeted areas without surgery or damage to surrounding tissue. The procedure has been shown to eliminate annoying fat pockets of the love handles, muffin tops, belly and other areas around the midsection.
- Exilis: Exilis is another alternative to liposuction that utilizes radio frequency for body contouring, skin laxity and skin tightening. The non-surgical method is ideal for body-shaping and reduction of targeted fatty deposits on the face and body. Exilis not only treats the deepest layers of skin for lifting, it also rejuvenates the upper layers of the skin resulting in fewer wrinkles and better skin tone.
- Tummy Tuck: Abdominoplasty is used to flatten the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening the underlying abdominal muscles. Tummy tucks are ideal for women whose bodies have not been able to fully recover after pregnancy and men who are looking to trim down the dreaded "beer gut" or "spare tire."