Skin pigment problems like birthmarks, age spots, sun damage, and melasma can prematurely add years to your appearance. These are some of the most common concerns of patients at our med spa in Louisville, KY. Here at CaloSpa®, we first evaluate your skin and then create a customized PICO Genesis treatment plan that can effectively erase unwanted imperfections and help you reach your cosmetic goals.
Find out whether PICO Genesis treatments are right for you. Request a spa consultation online or call our Louisville location at (502) 814-3000 or our Lexington location at (859) 269-2256 to make an appointment.
PICO Genesis Treatments
The PICO laser was originally developed for tattoo removal, and we are now using it to improve skin tone, reduce hyperpigmentation, diminish mid-dermal wrinkles, and build collagen. Traditional laser treatments for hyperpigmentation require heat energy, which can be painful and lead to extended recovery times. Instead of using heat energy, PICO Genesis is a non-thermal laser that gets rid of unwanted pigment without damaging the surrounding skin. The high energy picosecond pulses precisely target 10% of the skin, while the other 90% are treated with lower levels of energy to safely stimulate natural healing.
PICO Genesis can be used on both the face and body. Most patients feel little to no discomfort during their treatments. Each session typically lasts about 30 minutes, so many patients schedule appointments during their lunch breaks and can return to work immediately after. Depending on the size of your treatment area, your session may be slightly longer. The ultra-short laser pulses minimize any redness and swelling, which are common side effects of traditional lasers. Patients often see dramatic results after only a few short treatment sessions.
Nothing to Fear
Feeling anxious about your procedure? We offer self-administered nitrous oxide with the Pro-Nox™ system for patients undergoing certain procedures. Ask about it during your consultation.LEARN MORE
Q. How many treatments will I need?
A. This will depend on the condition being treated. Sun spots and minor skin irregularities can typically be erased in 1-3 treatments. More severe conditions like melasma may require 3-5 treatments. During consultation, we will evaluate your skin and give you a more accurate estimate of how many treatments you will need.
Q. Who are good candidates for treatment?
A. PICO Genesis is effective on all skin types and ethnicities.
Q. Is PICO Genesis safe?
A. It is actually one of the safest laser treatments. PICO Genesis can be more effective than other laser alternatives without the complications.
Q. Does PICO Genesis firm sagging skin under the chin and on the face?
A. Though it can help with fine lines and slight skin sagging, its primary purpose is to diminish hyperpigmentation on the face and body. If you have moderate to severe sagging, you may want to opt for a facelift.
Discover The Perks
CaloPerks is our in–house rewards program designed to help you save big on the treatments you love.Learn More